ADM`s production has been created exactly for the freshest players, who have no experience at playing guitars at all. Let us find out whether its` playability and comfortability are reliable enough to make this purchase.
|#||Model||Rating||Differences in weight and dimensions||Our top||Check|
|1||ADM Beginner Classical Guitar||31.5 x 18.9 x 16.5 inches; 3.2 pounds||1|| |
|2||YMC Classical Guitar 1/2||34.2 x 12.3 x 3 inches; 2.2 pounds||3|| |
|3||Classical Guitar Acoustic Guitar 4/4||39.8 x 15 x 3.9 inches; 1.83 pounds||2|| |
|4||Music Alley MA34-N||33.1 x 12.2 x 3.5 inches; 2.11 pounds||4|| |
|ADM Beginner Classical Guitar|
|Differences in weight and dimensions||31.5 x 18.9 x 16.5 inches; 3.2 pounds|
|YMC Classical Guitar 1/2|
|Differences in weight and dimensions||34.2 x 12.3 x 3 inches; 2.2 pounds|
|Classical Guitar Acoustic Guitar 4/4|
|Differences in weight and dimensions||39.8 x 15 x 3.9 inches; 1.83 pounds|
|Music Alley MA34-N|
|Differences in weight and dimensions||33.1 x 12.2 x 3.5 inches; 2.11 pounds|
What ADM Company is
A little fun fact in the beginning: ADM means All Day Music. I don`t know why, but I found it rather cute. The company itself is rather young. It is positioning itself as a company producing musical instruments exactly for the beginners. The quality still remains high, as all the products are checked by the professionals.
First things first, let us discuss what this guitar is as a thing. Let us check the body material, dimensions and strings to find out whether it really is suitable for the beginners.
|Material||The top, back and sides of this guitar are performed of laminated basswood. Neck is made out of nato wood, fingerboard and bridge are made of maple. The tuners are classical, covered with chrome. Honestly, basswood isn`t the most durable or professional material in the World, but it is rather light, cheap and comfortable.|
|Dimensions||The “30-inch part” stays in the name for reasons you know. It is there to show the guitar length. The other dimensions are smaller than the classical ones as well. The device is 30’’*7.5’’*13.8’’ (which is 762*190.5*350.5 in millimeters). So, the guitar is really small, which makes it convenient for children under 10 years. However, the ones older than 16 years may already struggle to play it, as the guitar might be way too small for them.|
|Strings||ADM beginner classical guitar has nylon strings, which are really convenient for the beginners. Nylon is soft, so there will be problem with soft children`s skin. However, nylon is not as reliable as metal and doesn`t provide juicy sound.|
How it sounds
Sound of this guitar has been surprisingly good. Here are the main features that I found worth mentioning:
- The strength of sound. Now don`t understand me wrong, it is not the strongest sounding guitar in the World, but even with the nylon strings it can compete with its` metallic strings analogues. It sounds bright and clean.
- Comfort. Playing with nylon strings is really easy. They are soft, they are comfortable. However, nylon strings loose a lot and require a lot of tuning and adjusting, which might be hard for the beginner.
Finally, the laminated body is not an advantage as well. It might look a little better, but it is easy to scratch. It makes the resonance worth as well, which, of course, matters in terms of making sound quality worth, than it could be.
ADM Beginner Classical guitar is a nice choice for the beginners. It comes in a pack with some “sweets” like a carrying bag and accessories. It provides decent sound and is really comfortable to play, but durability is not on the highest level. I would say that this guitar is suitable for the inexperienced beginners only.
YMC Classical Guitar 1/2
YMC classical 34 inches guitar is a little big larger than ADM`s one. The main feature of this guitar is that it comes in a pack with a lot of stuff for the beginners. The pack includes tuners, gig bags, manuals etc, and comes at a really low price. The playability and durability of the device are OK for budget device.
- YMC Vizcaya 34″ junior-size classical guitar with nylon strings, Perfect for young guitarists with small hands.
- Linden basswood binding and full wood construction with great gloss finish. Right-Handed , Chrome geared tuning pegs. Fingerboard & Bridge: Ebonized. Neck: maple.
- 6 Nylon strings protect student’s fingers when giving you a sound that’s perfect for jazz and classical music.The 1st ,2nd ,3rd stringare made out of clear solid nylon. the 3 thick (4th,5th,6th) strings are made of 80/20 bronze/copper alloy wrapped around a nylon floss core.
- 34 Inch half size makes better playability for beginners and students, 2.2 pounds lightweight easy to hold and carry. Perfect for age 5 to 12 years.
Classical Guitar Acoustic Guitar 4/4
This one costs a bit more, but provides some bigger opportunities as well. CNBLUE`s device is closer to a normal-sized classical guitar, but it has nylon strings and rather cheap body. Its` main advantage is that it does not necessarily need to be replaced after several months. This guitar has a higher potential and may serve for a year and a half or so.
- Easy Tunning Heads: It is easy to adjust with the chrome geared tuning head to keep the guitar in tune. Smooth tuning pegs help a lot for people who are in hopes of training and learning classical guitar on their own.
- Guitar Material: Features a solid basswood top and sturdy & full-size dreadnought body with smooth curves, promoting comfort during playing. These solid basswood produce a smooth, rich, full and vibrant sound ideal for rock, folk, country and so on.
- Guitar Strings: Nylon strings are traditionally used for classical music, folk or any other style of music. But for nylon strings, it’ll take time for the strings as well as the wood to adapt the pulling force. You may need to tune the guitar several times until the force is balanced and tune is settled.
- Classical Guitar Starter Kit: It comes with everything you need to start playing the guitar, including sturdy gig bag for protection, 2 picks for sweeping string, extra nylon string for replacement when needed and a cleaning cloth.
Music Alley MA34-N
It comes at a really low price and is a “bag-for-a-buck” for those, who are not willing to spend a lot of money on musical instruments. Not much to say about this one. It is worth its` money, but there is a lot of more decent options on the market.
- 34″ junior-size classical guitar with nylon strings
- Guitar’s light weight makes it easy to hold; only 2.12 pounds
- Suitable for ages 5-8
- Perfect for young guitarists with small hands