|1||Ovation Elite Standard 2778 AX||Solid-wood||9 pounds||2|| |
|2||Yamaha TransAcoustic LL-TA||Rosewood||13.7 pounds||4|| |
|3||Taylor GS mini Koa||Spruce||4.41 pounds||3|| |
|4||Taylor 110CE||Sitka-spruce; Sapele||12.65 pounds||1|| |
|5||Yamaha LL16D ARE||Rosewood||13.2 pounds||6|| |
|6||Ovation 2078AX-BCB Pro||Lyrachord and AAA Grade Solid Spruce||20 pounds||5|| |
|7||Cordoba GK||Solid-wood||10 pounds||8|| |
|8||ESP LTD TL-6||Mahogany||9.9 pounds||7|| |
|Ovation Elite Standard 2778 AX|
|Yamaha TransAcoustic LL-TA|
|Taylor GS mini Koa|
|Yamaha LL16D ARE|
|Ovation 2078AX-BCB Pro|
|Body||Lyrachord and AAA Grade Solid Spruce|
|ESP LTD TL-6|
In this price range we are talking about high-end electro acoustic guitars, which are represented by prestigious brands. But on our list we put two models which, despite the low price, deserve attention for the professional guitarists, Cordoba GK and ESP LTD TL-6.
Ovation Elite Standard 2778 AX
Ovation Guitars, or more simply Ovation, is an American company that mainly produces acoustic guitars. Ovation guitars have a special design, with the bowl shape have a truly unique approach, and this form produces a very solid sound. The Ovation Elite AX is one of the first electro acoustic released by the brand using nylon strings, not steel as it was usual in their models.
With the Elite Standard 2778 AX from Ovation’s Standard Elite series you have the system called “Scalloped X bracing” which further increases the sound. For less than $1000 has a fir surface.
The body consists of a layer of laminated wood and the traditional acrylic used in the back cover of the Ovation (largely responsible for the atypical sound of this guitar).
- Guitar type: dreadnought
- Top material: solid spruce
- Back and sides: composite
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck shape: standard Ovation
- Joint: dovetail (set at 14th fret)
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Frets: 20
Yamaha TransAcoustic LL-TA
There is nothing more beautiful than playing an instrument in a big stage, with a fantastic reverb effect. Yamaha TransAcoustic provides this effect, combined with an amazing Chorus effect, without the need to amplify it. The guitar is also equipped with excellent technical specifications. In fact, for the LL16 model we find a solid Engelmann spruce top, solid Indian rosewood board and sides, ebony fingerboard and bridge.
- Body style: Dreadnought
- Top: Solid Engelmann spruce A.R.E.
- Back and sides: Solid Rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany and rosewood in 5 layers
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Width at the nut: 44 mm (1 11/16 “)
- Scale: 650 mm (25 9/16 “)
- Bridge: Rosewood
Taylor GS mini Koa
Taylor is a brand of guitars of American origin that has been operating since 1974, the quality of its instruments is such that they have positioned themselves as one of the most prestigious brands in the market.
The guitar is medium scale, comes equipped with 20 frets, its body is thin and has a classic shape, something unconventional in this type of guitars. The Taylor GS mini Koa comes equipped with a pre amplifier designed and patented by the brand brings a double microphone.
- Body style: Mini Grand Symphony
- The Taylor GS mini Koa comes equipped with a strange combination of woods, the top comes in Solid sitka spruce, the back and sides use Koa but laminated; when this procedure is used the wood loses a little its sound characteristics. This is a wood of Hawaiian origin, its tone can be considered as a midpoint between Mahogany and Maple, the sound that gives emphasizes the middle frequencies, colored neither the bass nor the high, could be considered as a neutral guitar.
- The neck comes in Sapele and the fingerboard in Ebony, this helps the guitar take a brighter sound
- The bridge comes in Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: NuBone/Micarta
The Taylor 110ce is an electro-acoustic guitar belonging to the 100 Series. It is a dreadnought in all respects with solid spruce top.
The back and the sides are in laminated walnut: this type of material enhances the mid-frequencies and remains very versatile. The body is with a missing shoulder, to allow easy access even to the last frets, while the electronics are the new Taylor ES2.
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Sapele Back/Sides
- Gig Bag Included
Yamaha LL16D ARE
Based on the LL16, the LL16D Dreadnought differs from the more economical version due to the intricate abalone inlay on the body, the headstock and the hole. It is very reminiscent of the precious L36 and offers an extraordinary timbre thanks to the first choice solid wood (soundboard in solid Engelmann spruce A.R.E.).
A.R.E. technology it was developed by Yamaha and allows, through the humidity, pressure and temperature control, to modify the molecular properties of the wood, giving the boards the same characteristics as a board that has been played for years and years, or improving its sound in a way significant.
- A newly designed bracing pattern and a.R.E. Treatment create rich warmth and open resonance
- Solid Engelmann Spruce top treated with a.R.E
- Original Jumbo Body with solid rosewood back & sides
- 5-ply neck with high comfort traditional neck profile
Ovation 2078AX-BCB Pro
The new Ovation Elite AX is offers all the amenities a gigging player needs at a price that won’t leave you starving. The Elite 2078AX features a solid AA spruce top with Ovations multi-soundhole design. This guitar will fill a small pub or even an arena. With the Ovation Op Pro preamp and OCP-1 under saddle pickup, you will sound like a pro and still go home with a little cash in your pocket. Ovation’s pioneering multi-soundhole design enhances string vibration and sustain by improving soundboard efficiency.
A cutaway offers full access to the gloss-finished, 5-piece mahogany/maple neck. A Contour composite body maximizes acoustic output and is ergonomically designed for comfort in any playing position. This guitar also boasts hand-inlaid abalone appointments, a deluxe grade ebony fretboard and bridge, and upper-bout soundholes decorated with exotic hardwoods. The Elite AX features the OP-Pro preamp.
- AA Grade Solid Spruce Top
- Deep Contour Cutaway Body
- Ebony Fretboard
- OP Pro Preamp
The electro acoustic guitar Cordoba GK is a perfect combination between high quality woods and good electronic system. This guitar is built with a special selection of woods; the sides and the back are built with Hindu Rosewood.
The top is built with European Spruce; the neck is built with Mahogany and the fingerboard with Indian rosewood: this combination of wood gives us deep and serious sound, all notes are clearly understood.
- Solid European spruce top with cypress back and sides
- Signature Gipsy Kings flamenco model
- Fishman Presys Blend electronics with onboard tuner
- Savarez Cristal Corum strings in High Tension, 500CJ
ESP LTD TL-6
The neck is fitted to the body, similar to the construction of traditional acoustic guitars.
- It is a large scale guitar equipped with 22 jumbo frets (steel frets to increase durability and resistance)
- The neck is thin; this facilitates the interpretation of the instrument
- The body of the guitar is thin, but not small, it feels robust and the size compensates the sound giving a good coloration in both high and low frequencies
- The ESP LTD TL-6 comes with Mahogany in the back and sides; the top is in Canadian pine. This combination of woods gives a balanced sound
- The neck comes in Mahogany with a thin layer of rosewood
The ESP LTD TL-6 comes equipped with Groover plugs, this always represents quality and stable tuning, the bridge is a Graph Tech NuBone XB (designed to give a greater response in the low frequencies).
This incredible guitar is equipped with one of the best pre amps on the market, the B-Band T-7, which uses a B-Band Electret as a transducer. It is difficult to deny the admiration for the products of this brand: live and in recording its result is impeccable. This Preamp comes with control of low, medium and high includes tuner, phase inverter and of course volume control.