Old companies know how to do stuff. Young companies are trying to introduce innovations to impress the users. Bugera company is what happens when experience meets the innovations.
|1||Bugera bt115TS||1|| |
|2||Bugera BT210Ts||3|| |
|2||Bugera Veyron Mosfet bv1001m||2|| |
|Bugera Veyron Mosfet bv1001m|
Bugera is a young British company, that produces audio equipment. It seemed a bit strange, that new company was trying to enter the market in the year 2000, but no one could stand aside from the products of high quality, that Bugera was manufacturing.
There is a lot of worthy production, manufactured by Bugera, however our hero today is the amplifier 115 TS. We`ll take a brief look at related products as well, but a bit later.
Knowing how the amplifier sounds is important. Knowing how it works is great. Knowing how much it weighs and where you will be storing it is essential. Therefore let us start this review with checking the most basic characteristics out.
|The weight||The amplifier weighs 60 pounds (which is more than 26 kilograms). It is quite heavy, so, unless you are a trained person, you`ll need some help with delivering it to the studio and installing it.|
|The dimensions||Bugera 115 TS is 16.8 * 23.1 * 18.4 inches (which is 406,4 * 584,2 * 467,4 in millimeters). Despite being not the largest amplifier in the World, it is pretty big, so if you have a small hone studio, think in advance about where you place it.|
|The material||Everything here is default: plywood and metal grille. Corners have extra protection and the grille is great, so durability is great. I would say, that material was picked as a perfect compromise between durability and compactness.|
Well, this is for the basics. I bet you are interested in the technical part much more, so let us review that as well.
The Technical Parameters
Here it comes:
Sound producing system
The cabinet has a superb 15’’ speaker, that has been developed and engineered by the manufacturer himself, for providing the best sound experience. There is an adjustable electro-dynamic driver as well. The power of cabinet is 1600 Watt, which is quite a lot to be honest. The produced sound is really loud and powerful.
Inputs and outputs
There are basic quarter inputs and outputs, as well as professional speaker connectors.
These were the essentials. There are two more things we need to know more. The features, that the manufacturer himself is proud of and the actual sound test. Let us check the features first.
Extensive internal bracing
This thing is good, because it provides great low end responsibility. Or, speaking simpler, the amplified sound will still be the sound of the guitar, not the sound of amplifier.
They make the transportation easier and do not spoil the process of using, because of being really compact and convenient. One of those features, that you do not really pay much attention to, but still appreciate.
That 15’’ Speaker
I`ve already mentioned that it is great, but have not mentioned why. So, it is a speaker engineered and manufactured in England, that provides extra warmth and depth of sound due to its` special construction. Probably not the rocket science level, but still a decent invention.
There were several smaller features, like vinyl cover, for example, but I think that instead of mentioning them, I should rather describe the sound qualities.
The Sound Test
There are some pros and some cons, but I would say that overall quality is really decent. Here is what I exactly mean:
- Reasonable quality of sound
- Loud and powerful sound
Let me show you some of the products, that will be the perfect addition for Bugera 115 TS.
Bugera BT 210 Ts
This yet another cabinet from Bugera, which provides excellent amplification by itself, but works even better when combined with other Bugera products. Bugera BT210TS is lighter, more compact and less powerful, than 115TS, therefore it can be called a mini-version of that amplifier. All the other parameters remain pretty much the same.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight bass cabinet design
- 1,600 Watts of powerful and authentic bass tone
- World-famous, British engineered 10” TURBOSOUND speakers
- Adjustable electro-dynamic driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Extensive internal bracing and back-porting for rich and powerful low-end response
Bugera Veyron Mosfet 1001
This is a great amplifier, that has a lot of adjustability options, is really powerful, and is designed in the way to be combined with the Bugera cabinets. Combining the power of cabinets with adjustability of this thing, will result in making the sound be really professional
- Ultra-high power, ultra-lightweight 2,000-Watt bass amplifier driven by classic MOSFET technology
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology for incredible power and sonic performance
- High-voltage MOSFET preamplifier gives the sound and feel of an authentic tube amp
- Classic compressor increases sustain and smoothens out volume peaks when playing dynamic slaps
- DYNAMIZER Power Management technology for ultimate punch and to capture every nuance of playing
Summing things up, I made the shortcut of the most important information from this article.
- Bugera is a young company, that unites experience of engineers with innovative ideas.
- Bugera BT115TS is a great cabinet, that makes loud and clean sound. However it requires some more equipment for providing the best sounding.
- Bugera makes all the related stuff, so you`ll be able to easily make the full amplification construction.
Well, this was it for this review. I wish you good luck with mastering the guitar.