Feeling like the time to get to the new level has come? Well, Fender`s Rumble Cabinet 115 is what will help you get upgraded. This is what will help getting the sound quality to the whole new level without extra expenses.
|#||Model||Rating||Technical Characteristics||Our top||Check|
|1||Fender Rumble 115 Cabinet V3||1|| Check|
|2||Fender Rumble 40 Bass Amplifier Cabinet||2|| Check|
|Fender Rumble 115 Cabinet V3|
|Fender Rumble 40 Bass Amplifier Cabinet|
The real hype around Fender`s production had started in the 50`s, when Fender had created his world-known Precision Bass. Great money income allowed the manufacturer introduce more new products. Firstly, some new guitar models appeared, later the amount of production had grown.
Although Rumble Bass Cabinets are not the most popular among al the goods, they are still being produced. The quality of Fender`s cabinets is equally good both in budget devices and in more expensive ones. Rumble 115 isn`t an exception.
First things first, let me speak a little about physical features of this device. I suggest that the following information would be the most important:
|Hardware||The material is important in terms of weight and durability. In this case the material is reasonable. The cabinet is performed of lightwood plywood and is covered in black vinyl. The cabinet has two steel handles. All this combined in one device results in a pretty durable and comfortable cabinet.|
|Dimensions||Bass Cabinets are not the most compact things in the Universe. Their measurements can be compared to huge studio monitors or a mediocre microvawe for example. Rumble 115 is 23 * 20.75 * 14.5 inches (which is 580*530*370 in millimeters). It weighs 39 lbs (almost 18 kilograms). I believe that bass-guitarists are strong enough to be able to carry this thing around with no problems, however get ready to combine music with a little bit of lifting activities.|
|Speakers||Rumble 115 has a single 15’’ ceramic magnet speaker with the total impedance of 8 Om. This model is powerful enough to provide loud sound with full volume, and the ceramic construction makes the sound cleaner.|
After having discussed these technical features, I would like to mention some other features of this Bass cabinet:
- It has a Fender`s head attachment system. This is a feature that allows to connect other Fender`s cabinets to it, to get the whole functioning system of cabinets to make the performance as bright as possible.
- It has bass-voiced internal crossover. This device will add extra pattern to sound. Activating this is optional, so you can go for the full clean sound as well.
- This cabinet is extended. This features allows to produce sonic waves of ultra-high quality, making the frequency translation super easy. This is possible due to high-end compression tweeters as well.
- SpeakOn connectors. There is a casual ¼ jack, but to make the connection even more secure and convenient, a SpeakOn technology jack had been added as well.
Now, that there is not much left to say about Rumble 115, let us take a closer look at other Fender`s cabinets, as you`ll most likely want to work with several devices of this kind simultaneously.
One mor Fender`s Cabinet
Fender Rumble 40 Bass Amplifier Cabinet
|Hardware||The material used for the body is the same – lightweight Plywood. The amplifier is covered with the same vinyl cloth. There are two differences. Firstly: the cabinet has plastic handles, which are less durable, but are more light-weighed. Second is that the front panel is covered with painted metal panel.|
|Dimensions||This cabinet is a bit smaller. Its` measurements are 16.5 * 16.5 * 12 (which is 420 * 420 * 300 in millimeters). The weight is 18 lbs (which is around 8 kilograms). This bass amplifier is lighter and more portable, so it will be easier to carry it around.|
|Speakers||This cabinet has a single 10’’ speaker with total impedance of 8 Ohm.|
|Electronics||The electronics in this case is worth mentioning as well. The device works at 40 watt at 8 Ohm (which is pretty powerful I should say), it has one quarter input and works at 230 V.|
Much more adjustability is available in this device. Here are the features you should know:
- Overdrive switch.
There is a lot of switches available. Depending on what you choose, this can be aggressive or simple and satisfying tone. This function will be especially suitable for aggressive players.
- Three-button voicing
- Headphone output
All these things in combination with the power of Rumble 115 power will make the bass production convenient and productive.
Summing things up, I am saying the following things:
- Bass Cabinet is an equipment for bass-guitar players, that will make sound brighter and louder.
- Fender`s Rumble 115 is a powerful cabinet, that however lacks adjustability.
- The best option is to connect several Fender`s cabinet in a powerful system.
- There are more Fender`s bass cabinets to learn about, the one I found the most interesting is Rumble 40, but you might choose any of them.
Of course, that`s your decision whether you spend this money on cabinet or tuners, tutorials and extra pack of strings. Whichever choice you make, I wish you good luck in your guitar experience.