Classical amplifiers are suitable in any situation. So, if you are struggle with finding an amplifier for your purposes, pay attention to Fender`s production. The company has always been making equipment of the highest quality.
|1||Fender Rumble 15 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier||15w||8 inch||2|| |
|2||Fender Rumble 40 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier||40w||10 inch||1|| |
|3||Peavey Max 158 Bass Combo Amplifier||20w||8 inch||3|| |
|Fender Rumble 15 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier|
|Fender Rumble 40 v3 Bass Combo Amplifier|
|Peavey Max 158 Bass Combo Amplifier|
Fender started inventing new devices, which were met warmly as well. Professional engineers and small companies were joining Fender, so the number and variety of produced equipment was growing. The quality was getting better as well.
Although amplifiers by Fender are not exactly what the company is famous for, I still recommend paying attention to them. As any other piece of Fender`s production, they have high quality. Moreover, models are available in different price categories.
Before learning subtle details of the construction and features of the amplifier, you should know three very basic things: what the weight, the dimensions and the material the item is made of are.
This advice is suitable whenever you purchase new device.
|The Weight||Fender Rumble 15 (V3) weighs 16 pounds (which is a little less than 7.5 kilograms). Not the weight you are used to carrying around everyday, but this one is a studio amplifier, which is not expected to be carried. However, in case you need to move it, the portability is pretty high.|
|The Dimensions||The amplifier is 8’’ * 15’’ * 15’’ inches (which is 178 * 381 * 381 in millimeters). The only idea I came up with when thinking of similar-sized things is an average cardboard box (like the one in cartoons).|
|The Material (and design)||The body of amplifier is all plywood, except the front panel, which is painted metal (the grille is removeable). It provides decent protection for a speaker.|
Amplifier is durable enough for transportation and “living” in home studio conditions, but water contact and strong heat are likely to damage the insides, so better do not risk
Now, that you know, how it looks like and how it feels, let us talk about the technical features of Fender`s amplifier. Here are the most important of them:
8’’ Speaker with Classical Fender Design
8’’ Speaker is exactly what you need for studio trainings. It is powerful enough for providing loud volume. Special Fender design decision also allows the sound to be clean and clear.
Three band EQ
Equalizing the sound helps a lot while learning new material and perfecting the one, that you already know. Three band EQ will help new players a lot.
1/8 AUX input and ¼ headphone output
These two guys are the best friends of any musician. The first one is used for connecting MP3 players (which makes it possible to play along to any of your preferred melodies), while the second isolates the sound (which is the best practice for analyzing your own mistakes).
If I were to sum the results up in four words, I would say, that Fender Rumble 15 (V3) is a bang-for-a-buck. While being not the most powerful amplifier, I`ve ever met, it still provides perfect sound for its` price.
Summing everything said above up, I would say:
However, if you are looking for more powerful devices in the same price range, there are several options, that will be more suitable for you. Let me explain what I am talking about.
More Powerful Amplifiers
OK, so here is a couple of devices, I`ve been talking about before:
Fender Rumble 40
While still being compact, this Fender`s product has 40 Watt of power for a single 10’’ speaker. Although it costs a bit more, it remains affordable. Not a stage level yet, but is good enough for an audience of 20-30 people.
- Expore bass tones from classic gritty growl to slap-worthy modern punch with the newly-developed overdrive circuit and switchable contour controls
- A beefy 40 watt class D power amp and ported speaker enclosure pumps volume and deep bass response but keeps this amp very light in weight – only 18 pounds!
- Practice privately with the 1/8″ headphone output jack that also mutes the speaker output.
- Jam along with your favorite tracks by simply plugging your MP3 player into the 1/8″ Auxiliary input jack and instantly become part of the band.
Peavey Max 158
This one has 20 watts of power (against 15 in Rumble 15 (V3)). This improvement is not that noticeable in studio condition, but when you, all of sudden decide to make a performance, you realize, that much more people can hear you. Though, the level of distortion will be higher.
- 20 watts (rms) into 4 ohms
- Low, Mid, and High EQ controls
- Volume control with Transtube distortion boost
- Psycho-acoustic low end enhancement
- 8 inch speaker
Summing Things Up
Here is a shortcut of the most important information from this review:
- Fender is an old company, that produces amplifiers of high quality. The range of prices and models is high, so you`ll definitely be able find one, that is suitable in your situation.
- Fender Rumble 15 (V3) is an amplifier, that is compact and durable. It provides sound, that is loud enough for studio training and has a lot of adjustability options.
- There are more powerful amplifiers in this price range, in case you are looking for public performances.
There is not much to add here. I would only like to remind, that the playing process itself means much more, than the equipment you have. So grab the amplifier you can afford, and start devoting more time to practicing than to thinking about the equipment. Good luck!