Guitar Works Inc. is a young American company, producing musical instruments of high quality. Although their range isn`t too high, the models for left-handed players are available. Let us take a look at one of these devices.
|1||GWMA 2 Left-Handed A-Style Mandolin||27 x 10 x 2 inches||Mandolin||1|| Check|
|2||Hola! A-Style Mandolin||26 x 12 x 3 inches||Mandolin||2|| Check|
|3||Ibanez M510E Acoustic-Electric Mandolin||35.2 x 14.1 x 7.1 inches;||Mahogany||3|| Check|
|GWMA 2 Left-Handed A-Style Mandolin|
|Dimensions||27 x 10 x 2 inches|
|Hola! A-Style Mandolin|
|Dimensions||26 x 12 x 3 inches|
|Ibanez M510E Acoustic-Electric Mandolin|
|Dimensions||35.2 x 14.1 x 7.1 inches;|
Guitar Works Inc.
The owner of Guitar Works Inc. had been passionate about music during his whole life. In 1978 he established Guitar Works Inc. as a trading mark. During 20 years the company had been re-selling guitars, until in 1999 Guitar Works Inc. started producing their own musical instruments. The main goal of the founder was to create devices of high quality at an affordable price. Left-handed A-Style mandolin is one of the most balanced, they`ve created so far. Let us take a close look at it.
|The body type||This is a classical A-Style (has a form of peer) mandolin, created for left-handed players. There is one sound hole in the middle. It increases the volume of the sound, but decreases the level of spreading a little. By the way, right-handed version is available as well.|
|The material||GWMA 2 A-Style Mandolin has a solid spruce top and rosewood fretboard. This is rather classical material, which is nice in terms of durability and playability. The one thing, I`d like to point out is the deep gloss wineburst finish. It adds +1 to durability parameter.|
|The dimensions||This mandolin is 27 * 10 * 2 inches (which is 686 * 254 * 51 in millimeters). The instrument weighs 3 lbs (which is around 1.3 kilograms). The mandolin is smaller than ¾ guitar and a bit lighter than it. Handling it will be easy even for the beginners and children.|
|The design||Mandolins tend to have outstanding designs. The wineburst finish looks truly amazing. I would say, it`s equally as beautiful as my favorite sunburst one, so you`ll get a lot of esthetic pleasure for sure.|
I would now like to mention some interesting features of this mandolin:
- An adjustable reinforcement truss rod. It`s a feature in the construction that keeps the neck straight. This one is usually available in the devices of higher price-category. It`s a perfect decision for fixing the warped neck and adjusting problems.
- Easy tuning and playability. There are t2o small features, making this stuff possible: chrome tuners and wide neck.
This is a classical mandolin, that has the following peculiarities:
- Rich and warm tones. Big sound hole concentrates all the sound waves in one place, so 80 per cent of sound is pushed out from one place. Adding this to the classic features of mandolin sound, we get some atmospheric sound.
- Lack of variety. Although the sound is powerful, it doesn`t vary a lot. It`s limited by strings and body construction.
There is one more thing worth talking about. Although this one is a decent device, it will probably not be suitable for the very beginners. So, let me show you some more devices, that will fit better in some specialized cases.
Now, let us sum the most important stuff up.
- Guitar Works Inc. is a company that manufactures all types of musical instruments for the beginners and experienced players.
- They have a left-handed version of A-Style Mandolin, which is really comfortable to play and has some nice features.
- There are other models on the market, suitable for different kinds of players.
Hola! A-Style Mandolin
Hola is a company making budget musical instruments of all kinds for the beginners. Their A-Style mandolin has a convenient pickguard, adjustable bridge and decent original build. Low price in this case doesn`t equal bad quality.
- 8-string traditional A style Mandolin in glossy Sunburst finish
- Maple top, back, sides and neck. Adjustable compensated Rosewood bridge
- Adjustable Truss Rod inside the neck – wrench included
- 20 silver nickel frets. Chrome plated open gear tuners and tailpiece
- Black ABS pickguard. White ABS binding around body, neck and head
Ibanez M510E Acoustic-Electric Mandolin
This is a device for developing players. It has decent combination of materials (spruce, mahogany and rosewood). The option to plug-in this device makes the option to start stage performances. The sound is more powerful and juicy.
- Mahogany back and sides and a select Spruce top.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- Equipped with a single-coil magnetic pickup along with volume and tone controls.
- Chrome hardware. Tortoise-style pickguard.