IBANEZ SR305e is 5-string bass guitar from the popular SR (Soundgear) series from the famous guitar brand. Distinctive features of this model are compact body, convenient neck, and soapbar-style humbuckers with active EQ.
|№||Model||Rating||Scale length||Number of Strings||Our top||Check|
|1||Ibanez SR305e||34″||5-string||1|| Check|
|Number of Strings||5-string|
Bass guitar Ibanez SR305 is made well, very high quality. We must say that all Ibanez guitars above the GIO series are distinguished by excellent build quality and finish. There is nothing to complain about in our case.
- The instrument has mahogany body. Due to its Bolt-on design this model has been built in two pieces and the neck is screwed to the body of the bass;
- The neck has been made of 5 pieces maple with walnut insets which gives an additional visual effect;
- And the fingerboard is made of Jatoba (a quality material that is often used in production) with 24 frets medium, radius 12 inch (305 mm), white dot inlay;
- Bridge design: Accu-cast B125 (16.5mm string spacing);
- The bass guitar has passive pickups PowerSpan Dual Coil ;
- The sound is adjusted using the volume, balance; 3-band equalizer and 3-way Power Tap switch.
Like any other instrument, the Ibanez SR305 has its advantages and disadvantages. At the same time, it is qualitative and extremely convenient for practices, studying gammas and pentatonic. And in general for home the instrument is very good.
The sound of the Ibanez basses is always very specific. And the Ibanez SR305 has its own sound. So, set the equalizer to zero, balance the sensors in the middle and listen to what happens. And it turns out all very cool and beautiful. The sound is pretty nice.
The electric bass are characterized by being easy to use, since just playing single notes sound good, although it is recommended that you practice with dedication and care to get the best serious notes. In addition, it is necessary to have patience, which is one of the essential virtues to achieve every goal that we set.
How Many Strings Are Sufficient
There is no universal answer and everything depends on the preferences of musicians. It is however true that some general considerations can be made on the subject. You can choose between a bass of four, five or six strings but if you are starting, four strings is traditionally the way to go. Four strings give you more than enough notes. For many bass players the 4-string bass is the one that should be used because it has what it takes for a bassist and it’s the original. For others it must be the 5-string bass because it meets the requirements of modern music and has more resources when it comes to playing.
This theme is simple and a matter of taste, although that taste has some “advantages” and “disadvantages” that you should know when choosing which of the two you are going to use.
In the bass of 4 strings the record is three octaves (under 21 frets) and its tuning is: E (Mi) • A (La) • D (Re) • G (Sol) where E is the lowest string and G the most acute.
Advantages of the 5-string bass:
- More serious notes;
- Technically 5 semitones are added (in a conventional tuning) and 16 semitones with a new color in a bass of 21 frets;
- If you play jazz you may find it interesting to do “walking bass” for more serious records, although it is not essential.
- Less comfort, less space;
- Slap is more complicated;
- Larger fretboard;
- More expensive strings.
Most of the great bassists have used 4 strings because it was what they had at their disposal in those times although there were always exceptions. In these times there are a number of great bass players who use 5 strings, but that does not define who are better, much less if the bass of 4 strings is better than that of 5 strings or vice versa. What we should know if we decide to play a 5-string bass is that we have to understand that the 5th string will change the technique and positions, it requires a lot of practice because the fretboard is wider. The 5th string (B) gives us incredible results in certain specific places but it must be used with great awareness and where the arrangement requires it.